Monday, December 17, 2007

Citrus Delight

This is one more quilt from the Easy Pieces series that I did. It is still a top and I will finish it and it probably will go to the Illinois Artisan's Shop for sale in the spring. If you click on Easy Pieces on my sidebar you will see 4 made from this same style block. I have one more top to show you tomorrow and I'll look for other pictures. Once I got the hang of the method I just kept making more groups of blocks. I still have one more group in burgandy, red, and pink that I haven't sewn together yet. I named this one Citrus Delight because it is so lime, orange and lemon.
Close up pictures of the fabrics, again all batiks, and almost all Hoffman's, my favorite brand of batiks.
I don't do mitered corners unless I am using a stripe, or if I am sewing all of the borders together before I add them.

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Gorgeous as usual.

mzjohansen said...

WOW ! There is a LOT of energy in this piece ! Great!

Anonymous said...

Wanda....I am amazed at the number of quilts that you have made. Each one is absolutely beautiful.

TB said...

Love it! It really does conjure thoughts of citrus. I am still amazed at the quilts/tops you're pulling from your stock. You must have quilts tucked in every corner! I can't think of anything better than this!

SandyQuilts said...

I love these Easy Pieces. Is this a book? or pattern? I gotta have it (them).

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Sandyquilts, You are a no reply blogger so I can't email you directly, also I don't see a contact spot on your blog.

Easy Pieces is a book by Margaret J. Miller, the same lady who wrote Strips that Sizzle.