Wednesday, December 26, 2007

New toy

This morning I have to wash all of the pieces and parts of this new toy so I can use it tomorrow. I have had the same thing for breakfast every day for over 4 and a half years. I drink a smoothie with soy milk, orange juice, banana, and frozen berries alternated with a handful of Cheerios. I haven't had a cold in all of the time since I started doing this. I mentioned in one of my other posts that I eat to live, not live to eat. I like the routine of knowing what I am going to fix for breakfast so that I don't have to think about food. When I was remodeling the kitchen a year ago I really didn't miss the room that much other than for baking. Now you know how I get so much done in the studio; it's because I'm not in the kitchen that much.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will love your new toy, Wanda. We bought one for our nephew for Christmas as he has smoothies a lot, too. We have had one for years and love, love, love it! The base takes up such little space and I love making the smoothie right in the cup I drink out of.

Merry Christmas!

Elsie Montgomery said...

My hubby and granddaughter (who lives with us) enjoy drinks like this... guess I'd better get with it!

I love Christmas, but today is heaped with boxes and way too much unfinished-because-Christmas-is-coming stuff, so I need to get to work! sigh.

Anonymous said...

So that is what gives our "energizer bunny Wanda" all that zip and good health...

I will be looking for your new "toy" at my local stores.
Sounds like a great kitchen applicance to be added to my collection. J~MT

meggie said...

A perfect present for you Wanda.
I wondered where you got all your energy!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I, too, like a habitual routine for early mornings... that way I don't have to "think"! Food prep does take way too much time, along with cleanup (although I try to encourage the "I cooked so you clean up" philosophy). Here's to a new year of possibilities!