Saturday, December 22, 2007

The First day of Winter

You would think that on the first day of winter, you would get a blustery storm. Nope, not here. We have fog for the third day in a row, 38 degrees this morning, and the snow is all melting. However.....they are predicting snow in the wee hours tomorrow morning.

I finished the three table centerpiece mats, made my Chex mix (in the little pails),
and made another batch of fudge.
Here is another place I hang some ornaments. We had 3 knobs left over after the remodel and my contractor suggested putting them up on the board across the bottom of the shelf. That was a perfect finishing touch.
Also hanging on the door knobs in my little baking corner are little wreaths made by a friend 20 years ago. They are circles of fabric gathered around a cotton ball and strung on a string to make a circle.
To Lisa who inquired how to make all of the spritz cookies perfect, and was there any secret to it: the 15% you called not so perfect are what I call the rejects to eat right away. I would be so disappointed if mine all came out perfect, because then I would have to save them all for company and cookie trays. The firmer the dough is, the better they will come out, so don't let the butter get too soft before making them.

3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I just stepped outside here and it feels like early spring ~ happy first day of winter! Don't you just love your Kitchenaid mixer! Have a great weekend...

Val said...

I love your table centres/mats. They look so festive. I love 9 patch and squares so I think this might be the first thing to make for next Christmas in January! Enjoy your Christmas!

Judy said...

Tell me about your kitchen cabinets and countertops. As you may have read, we are getting ready to reno our kitchen and I'm to the point of choosing my countertops. Your glass looks like it is "reeded" glass; is it? That is what I am getting in my cabinets across the back of my kitchen. Your wood is lovely...the grain is fantastic.

xo