Thursday, December 27, 2007

Cleaning up my act

I started out the morning with my first smoothie made with the new toy. You can see it is really thick from the way the straw is standing up. LC commented yesterday about the heaps of stuff needing attention. I hear you. I kind of ignored the studio yesterday because this is how I left it 3 days ago. There is no way I can do anything until I clean it all up.
The sewing table isn't in much better shape. Things from the kitchen were brought in here before the Christmas eve party. A stack of books came in from the living room. There is even a pile of fabric on the chair so I can't sit down in there.
I had 2 gift certificates to the movie theater that were going to expire Dec. 30 so I have seen 2 movies in the last week, "Enchanted" and "P.S. I Love You". That kept me from having to clean up yet. So.......today's chore......yes, I have to do it today. I could show you the result tomorrow, but how interesting is a cutting table with nothing but a mat on it and a clean sewing table with nothing but machine and scissors.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wanda....I will be there first thing tomorrow morning for one of your smoothies.(g) Looks yummy.

Anonymous said...

Your new "toy" is on my list, that smootie looks delicious ~ and I also spotted the splatter cover on your Kitchen Aid mixer. I've been meaning to order one forever. Seeing yours I ordered one on line yesterday. (*._,*) I think we are all in the same boat when it comes to cleaning our workrooms, studio's etc. this time of year. I wish one of those HGTV people would drop by and whip mine into shape. J~MT

Joyce said...

A messy studio is a sure sign of productivity.

Elsie Montgomery said...

To add to what Joyce said, my hubby tells me that "a clean desk is the sign of a deranged mind."

Enjoy smoothies and even the messies!

meggie said...

The new toy looks like a real success!
I agree about tidy studios, mess seems more creative somehow!
It all looks lovely to me!

Anonymous said...

Saw Enchanted this week too. A real nice feel good movie.

Dixie Redmond said...

Wanda - it makes me so happy to see this - it looks like my work area. Free spirits need clutter.

Deb Lacativa said...

I loved my bullet until one of the blade gizmos broke and I could not replace it.

BUT I went on with the remaining blade to put it to fabulous use blending my dyestock! The motor finally died after many, many hours of use but I am in the market for a new one soon..before the new dye season starts.