Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ice, Rain, Ice, Snow

Well we lucked out and only got a little freezing rain overnight. The temperature is at 32 right now and is expected to rise a little during the day, then tonight freezing rain again, and the next 2 days light snow. I think it must be winter!

I remember one year we went to Florida for a week and our son told us they were having an ice storm up here and that there was an inch of ice all over. Well, we couldn't imagine that, especially since we were in sunny Florida. When we got home I looked out on my front porch and there was a newspaper with an inch of ice on top of it. Now I had to believe it. Thankfully we didn't get that kind of a storm this year. Yet.

2 comments:

meggie said...

I hope you dont get heavy ice storms. I cant really imagine it, as I have never lived anywhere that has conditons like that.
When we lived in the South Island of NZ it did snow, & sometimes froze, but usually it was not so harsh. Further South it could be very harsh, but I never made it into the deep snow country!
I hope you keep warm, & dont have to venture out too far!

Candy Schultz said...

We are kind of waiting for our turn. Thank god we are not in Oklahoma. I do remember ice storms like that but it has been twenty years or so since we had a really bad one.

Good luck to us both.