Friday, December 21, 2007

More Pinwheels

This is another quilt with the folded squares that are opened up to be triangles when the blocks are sewn. I found a piece of fabric in my collection that was purple and coral and I thought it was such a pretty combination. I pulled all of the soft coral prints and a bunch of purple prints and started working on it. The design for this quilt is in a Mary Ellen Hopkins book, one of her Connecting Up series. I can't find the book right now. This is really kind of a strange but soft combination of colors and this one will be listed on my blog-shop a little later today.
Here is a photo from the other quilt, Pastel Pinwheels, which shows how the triangles are 3-D.
I don't put up a Christmas tree anymore. I hang ornaments from my lamps and any other available knob in the house. The first year I did this I think my grandchildren thought it was strange, but when I asked if they would help me take down the tree if I did one, they said no. They didn't think that was any fun either.
The 2 lamps allow me to hang some of my favorite ornaments of the past
I am going to make Chex mix today. I think the homemade version is so much better than the bagged stuff at the store. I'm sure it might be better for me than all of the cookies I have been eating. Fiber with flavor. I like that.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Very clever ornament display! I'll have to remember that for next year. Hmmmm Chex Mix, I might have to mix some of that up for myself. I haven't had it in a long time.

meggie said...

That is a nice idea for your ornament display.
I had been feeling a little sad about the ones my children made & the ones we had for the Grandchildren. I have not put a tree up, & have no areas I could display those old treasures.

The purple & coral are lovely together. I often look at nature to see how well colours can blend.

TB said...

I agree about the home made chex mix being so much better than the prepared stuff.