Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Finished!

I posted the top of this quilt earlier but now it is finally finished. I just finished the binding Sunday. It takes me as long to hand finish the binding as it does to machine quilt the quilt. A close up of the luscious fabrics. Can you tell I like this one? A lot of the fabrics are batiks but there are other commercial fabrics in it too.
And a close up of the border and binding.
I am posting early today, just after midnight because we are supposed to get an ice storm or 4 hours of freezing rain today (Tuesday) and I thought we might lose power. I hope they are wrong with the prediction.

14 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

So pretty, I love the geranium leaf border! Overall the quilt has a bird of paradise feel though...

I hope you don't get hammered by the ice.

Joyce said...

I love your color choices on this one. The orange and green are a perfect contrast. The border fabric is fantastic. It reminds me of lettuce.

Vicki W said...

It glows! I love this quilt.

Sarah said...

What amazing color! It's beautiful!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fabulous... glorious... bet it would look even more vibrant (if that's possible) with the icy/snow as the backdrop!

Anonymous said...

Another great one,I really like it,so bright. Just the way i like. Wig.

Anonymous said...

KALEIDOSCOPE BEAUTY ! You have certainly captured the jewel tones and pattern that sparkles. It has been added to my long list of favorites from your blog. WANDAFUL for sure!

J~MT

meggie said...

Oh I love this vibrant quilt! It is a fabulous riot of beautifully blended colour!
I saw lettuc too, on the border!

Gina said...

What a fabulous vibrant quilt. I love it.
I like the way the pinwheels move in to the border on your Pinwheel quilt aswell.

love and hugs xxx

Melody Johnson said...

Sorry to be late to comment, gone all day, but WHAT A GREAT QUILT Wand!

Val said...

This quilt is awesome and the colours really are amazing. Superb!

Michael5000 said...

Oh my. This is a new favorite for me. The green/orange combination is not one I've seen much of, and it is very deliciously done here.

Stunning work as always. But even more stunning than usual.

M5K

Dixie Redmond said...

This quilt is magical. Dixie

TB said...

Absolutely gorgeous Wanda!