Friday, December 7, 2007

Cookie press and recipe

Marie asked about the gadget and the recipe so here they are. I didn't want to type in the name of this little gadget for fear of all the google searches that would come from hunters and bad men. My old one that I had for years cracked and the company was bought out by Hamilton Beach, so all of the discs from the old work in the new one. Here is the recipe:
1 c. soft butter  (I only use Land O'Lakes butter)
2/3 c. sugar
3 egg yolks
1 t. vanilla
Mix above ingredients thoroughly.
Add 2 and 1/2 cups flour, work in with your hands. (I have a Kitchen Aid mixer so I use that instead.)
Use cookie press to shape cookies, bake at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
This is the best part, eat all of the misshapen rejects and save the "pretty" ones for company.

Oh and then when you run out of rejects to eat that is an excuse to make another batch in another color, guaranteed to produce more reject shapes!

7 comments:

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

What sort of flour? Self raising or plain?
Thanks,
Sally

Joyce said...

Your caution is well advised. What a strange name for a cookie press. Lol. That recipe sounds delicious but it's not for the faint of heart or high of cholesterol! I'll probably be trying it soon.

mzjohansen said...

You're a dear ! Thanks for the recipe and a better look at the press.. this might be a baking weekend !

meggie said...

Wow! Am sure the recipe works well without the press, but it would be nice for Xmas.

TB said...

My mother has a really old cookie press--completely made of metal. I loved using it as a child.

Linda said...

Happy to see a cookie press - my expensive one from Pampered chef is awful......will look for a Super Shooter!!!
Thanks We love these cookies and have been making them for years also.

Lisa said...

Just made this recipe for the first time, and also the first time to use a cookie press. about 85% of the cookies were okay. the others were duds. Have any tips for consistency of the same cookie? I am a perfectionist, and feel like I failed, ha ha ha.