Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snowy Sunday morning

Do you see that little blue bag about 3/4 of the way down my driveway? That is my Sunday paper and I'm on my way out to get it. It is sunny but cold, 18 degrees. We were on the very edge of the snow band so we didn't get much. This pile is from the last 3 snowfalls. The squirrels were so frisky yesterday, taking daring jumps from branches far away from their destinations. This little guy was eating just outside my kitchen window again.
When he gets a good size chunk out he has to come up to the branch and sit up to eat it. My cousin's husband calls them rats with big tails. I have seen rats and mice in my days of living on a farm, and believe me, squirrels are a lot cuter!
Amy mentioned the other day in the comments about the edges of Candy is Dandy being all bias. Yes they were and so are all of the edges of the Easy Pieces technique by Margaret J. Miller. When you get done with these pieces you need to stitch a line of stay stitching around the outside edge of the quilt top a little narrower than your seam will be if you are adding a border.
This piece is going into my blog-shop Wandaful Quilts. I will have another one to show tomorrow after I finish the border.

6 comments:

Kristin L said...

reminds me of ice crystals

Anonymous said...

This one is WOW!!!.What next. Wig.

Joyce said...

Give me squirrels over rats any day!!! No comparison. Or mice for that matter. I guess it's that squirrels don't usually try to get in the house. I wouldn't want to find a squirrel in my cupboard either. Lol.
Love the quilt.

meggie said...

Lovely lovely quilt!

Having never seen a live squirrel, I would rather like to see one.
Rats & Mice smell,& are just so riddled with disease I would never entertain the idea of a pet!

Melody Johnson said...

Wanda that quilt is BREATHTAKING.
I simply must follow your lead. I have the books...
The little mice or chipmunks (who knows?) that live under our house have eaten the wiring of our furnace and now it must be repaired. Dave was under there this morning and worked on it for an hour or so before he discovered the wires were all broken and cables chewed up.
Luckily we have fireplaces and are just as toasty as need be. But the varmints are doomed as far as Dave is concerned.

Марина Сохончук said...

I love all your quilts! They are great!