Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Using leftover blocks

I had made a red and yellow wallhanging and a purple wallhanging also from the Easy Pieces blocks. That was before I had a digital camera, so therefore no pictures. I had leftovers of both kinds of blocks and was determined to just use them up. I sold this piece earlier this year, as a quilt top. Just in case you think I really am only feeding the squirrels, I thought you should see I have other visitors to the suet cages.
I don't know what this little bird below is. He is white and gray and has a head that tapers right into his beak. They dart around really fast, almost like hummingbirds do, so this was the best picture I could get.
It has been really cold here so it is fun to just look out at the creatures. I will have to go out and refill some of them soon though.

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

The bird in your second photo looks like a white-breasted nothatch. We have lots of them here and they are really fun to watch because they always hang upside-down like that. what is the bird in your first photo? I don't recognize that one.

Shelina said...

Wanda, I just love come to your blog to see all of the beautiful quilts you show us. You have so many of them! The bird photo is beautiful as well.

Jeanne said...

I was going to say nuthatch, but Vicky beat me to it :)

Your colors are delightful!
Jeanne

Kristin L said...

I love the wonky concentric squares in this one!

meggie said...

Lovely bright colours!

The birds look happy! Do the squirrels chase them?

Joyce said...

It's so great when you can use left overs and end up with something beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda, You know I love your nature shots.
Ilooked it up in our bird book and also say
nuthatch. jmh

Melody Johnson said...

I so look forward to seeing what is going on in your yard. And the wonderful quilts you have made. Such fantastic camera work too!

Michael5000 said...

You know, it really should be discouraging that your leftovers-disposal projects look so much better than my carefully-planned primary projects. But it really just kind of makes me happy. I hope that I'll be able to throw together a dazzler like that someday....

M5K