Tuesday, December 5, 2023

First 2 finishes for December 2023............


Flannel log baby quilt is 38" square after finishing.  Hobbs 80/20 batting.









Backing and binding are Moda brushed fabric which is like flannel but more like the weight of regular quilting fabric.





Flannel 4" tumblers baby quilt is 39.5" square after finishing.  I cut the tumblers with my die cutter while cleaning up from making another flannel quilt last year.  It made for a fast quilt with pieces ready to use.  Hobbs 80/20 batting.





The backing and binding are the same as on the log quilt pictured above.









I got another quilt back from the longarm quilter who is quilting my large quilts for me.  This is another one that was 100" long before quilting.  A photo of the whole top is on this post; scroll down to quilt tops.  I will be looking for a binding fabric today.

11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

some more finishes for the year!

Julierose said...

I just love your quilting on these--gives them a lovely texture and I'll bet they "feel" so snuggly!! :)))Nice work!!

34 this morning when I got up; I immediately went to work putting together my so-called "overnight" lasagna. I had pre-cooked the meat and onions last night--so it was just a matter of layering it up--it still took me 40 minutes...
I am now having my cup of coffee and relaxing...I love having a dish ready to go for dinnertime--just pop her into the oven and we're good;))))

I am thrilled with my two cacti--they are just so lovely...and now I have a good spot for them, too!!
Hugs Julierose

Mary said...

What a great start to the month.

Nann said...

Two finishes by December 5 -- you're on a roll, Wanda! (And I will get that box in the mail to you today.)

JJM said...

Lovely tailored designs for baby quilts and yet so soft and cuddly looking too. Babies parents will love to wrap their babies in them. I did go back to see the quilt you’re going to bind off and it’s another beauty.

Always look forward to checking in on your blog every morning, and I so appteciate you sharing your busy days with us.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Wow! It's only the 5th and you've finished two quilts. Well done!
Love the huge starry quilt and hope you're keeping it for your bed.

Hugs!

Kristin said...

I love the 2 flannel baby quilts and also the star quilt! You are so prolific.

Danette said...

Love these little flannel quilts! Wonderful for a baby!

Patty said...

The flannel quilts are so pretty and that backing looks wonderful on both of them. You sure are a force so far this month!

Vicki W said...

Those are really cute baby quilts. You are going to have some great finishes for December!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Love these baby quilts! You make me want to dig in the flannels! And I somehow missed that other, big one. I like it a lot. What is the border fabric? Curious.