Friday, December 15, 2023

Taking a break from finishing...........


Even though the next quilt was loaded and ready to quilt, I needed a break.  Instead I sewed the 9 patches from the Kaffe collective strips that were already cut.  Today I need to get back down to the longarm.


The pale pink cactus by my west picture window is still blooming.  I see some buds on the orange one too.





My sister-in-law sent me a potted Amaryllis for Christmas and finally after 3 weeks it is sending up a bud.  Some of them take a long longer to wake up than others.

 

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Oooh such pretty nine patches--from Kaffee's Collective fabrics...
nice to have an easy sewing day break...
Your pink cactus is such a lovely soft color and looks like it is blooming a lot!!
38 this morning...sunny but chilly again. Hope your weekend is a good one; we are spending quiet time today as DH is a bit under the weather...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I find I need a break from piecing a block now and then and skip a sewing day for NYB and work on hexies or something instead. I'm not sure what I am doing today - maybe get the next block pattern ready and fabric chosen

Barbara Anne said...

What lovely 9 Patches and hope that break has given you renewed enthusiasm for machine quilting. If not, take another break!! Oh, the possibilities. :)

Pretty cacti and am glad your Amaryllis woke up.

Hugs!

Patty said...

The 9 patch blocks are fabulous. I am anxious to see them up on the design wall. My amaryllis is doing well. It was sunny today so I made sure it got a little.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the pale pink one. I have kind of a shocking pink one. The Easter cactus is pale pink, but it is very finicky. It has massively grown though, so I keep hoping.

Mystic Quilter said...

One of my favourite quilt designs, I've made two and been looking at fabrics for another for later next year.Your fabrics look gorgeous stacked together.