Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Playing with green..................


There will be about 76 of the 3.5" squares and around 228 of the 2.5" squares to form the border on the green Rosy quilt.




There were a few candidates for the smaller squares in the 2.5" strips box.






I really didn't get much accomplished yesterday, kind of a transition day from the super busy days to normal days.  I put enough of the new squares that I cut up on the wall to see I need some blue and a few darker green for some value contrast.  Because I am going to sew the border as blocks instead of strips, I think I will need to refigure how to do the 4 corner blocks since the border blocks will finish at 5" x 6" and the corners will need to be 5" x 5".  I want to have this top sewn together by midnight Dec. 31 so I need to figure it out soon.

10 comments:

Mary said...

Greens and blues have always been my favorites. I have had a really time focusing this month. I'm hoping that after our family gathering tomorrow I can get back to a more productive routine.

Marnie Haines said...

Dear Wanda,
You certainly deserve a "You Go Girl" for your goal to have this quilt done by December 31. Love this color palette. Wishing you Happy New Year and sending thanks for another year of daily treasured treats!
Marnie Haines

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that stripe fabric

Julierose said...

Today is our "transition" day...we are pretty tired out after all this holiday stuff!!
46 this morning in dense fog here...everything out there is all misty and wet...very quiet...
No sewing plans for today--as yet...it will take me a while to get back into the swing of things...
Seems like you have a wonderful supply of lovely greens there...
Hugs, Julierose

JustGail said...

I'm working on a 16-patch mostly greens quilt. I probably should start putting blocks on the wall as I get a batch made so I don't go too far down the wrong path color/value wise.

This quilt is already very pretty, love the splashes of bright pink/red and the dark bits. It reminds me to not be too timid on my color choices.

Quiltdivajulie said...

The greens are so refreshing . . . and I've no doubt you will have this designed and webbed into a quilt top before midnight on New Year's Eve!

JJM said...

Midnight December 31st ! Only you Wanda would set a goal like that. And I too know you’ll make # 7 finishes happen.

Tuesday seemed to be everyone’s day to catch their breath. The Christmas holiday does take a day or two to recuperate for us.
And then to have Christmas on a week day really throws our routines off.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

I love your happy greens and its current layout. Hope you can make you choices and decisions with plenty of time to finish by the 31st. Good luck with that worthy goal and remember to breathe, eat, and rest!!

Hugs!

Patty said...

That is a lot of sewing to get done by midnight the 31st. I sewed 16 patch blocks together for hours and hours today and I still have more to do. I thought for sure I could get them all done today. I didn’t count how many I did get done. I will be rooting for you that you get that top done!

Nann said...

I made a batch of batik nine-patches yesterday. I think your design has inspired the setting.