Friday, December 22, 2023

A few more green fabrics...........


While I was in the basement doing laundry yesterday morning I also looked for more green fabrics to use in the green Rosy quilt border.  This time I looked through the other 2 parts of the Kaffe collective fabrics, the Philip Jacobs and Brandon Mably fabrics.  I didn't get any of them cut yet but I think they are going to add a lot of good value changes to the quilt.


I put a few more of the squares I cut the day before up on the design wall so I can get a better idea of how the border is going to look.










When I came upstairs my mail was there and a card from Linda S was in it.  This is another of her wonderful hand painted cards.  I love my collection of them.

The middle of the day yesterday was spent making the last batches of Chex Mix.  The boxes are empty now so I'm officially done with that task.  My family loves my Chex Mix so it is worth all the work.

11 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Oh, My, just the mention of Chex Mix makes my mouth water!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the painted card it is so pretty

Mary said...

Those are beautiful fabric choices and Linda is such a talented artist.

Julierose said...

I love the new colorway additions--I think they will be just lovely...
and....Your painted card is so beautiful...

Only 19 degrees when I got up this morning...brrrr

We have 3 deer that have been munching down in our dingle; two are lying down and one is on guard...

I will be cutting freezer paper hexagons today with my die.
I like that this one die can cut papers and the larger size for fabric all in one...I think some rose fabric is in order for this slow stitching piece...
Hugs Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

What delicious greens you found during that worth-the-time search!

Ah, Chex Mix, the thought brings back fond memories and indeed flings a craving on me, too.

I'm still trying to get the Christmas baking done.

Hugs!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Super progress on your Rosy quilt Wanda. You must have quite a lot of greens in your stash, love all this Kaffe variety!

JJM said...

Those are really lovely prints of green, and will make a great addition to what’s already there.

JJM

Patty said...

Beautiful greens! That card is beautiful. You baked a lot more than I did. I have two pumpkin pies done and the pecan pie is in the oven. I don’t have time to bake any cookies since we are having Christmas tomorrow. I haven’t had Chex mix in a very long time. I remember liking it though!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Those are terrific greens! Glad you love the card. It took me almost 3 weeks to paint and assemble all 100 cards. I do one area at a time- the yellow orange is first, when dry, the sky blues. Then the back tree line, then the trees and last the shadows. Then I use a white gel pen for the snow/star dots. Then I have to cut, assemble and glue it all together. This year, my labels did not print well, so I had to glue paper addresses on. Have a Merry Christmas!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I have been exceedingly slothful about so much lately. Now, I'm reading all you've been doing and I'm worn out! LOL! It brightens my heart to see all you get accomplished, and the Christmas cactus is so pretty. I think I'll have to buy new ones.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. You are such a blessing and inspiration to me!

Mystic Quilter said...

Gorgeous greens and looking at your blocks makes me wish KF and Co would still be producing some of those beautiful original fabrics.