Friday, December 29, 2023

Racing to the end with 2............


I started working early yesterday and got all of the top row blocks sewn.  I also have all of the 3.5" squares chosen for the bottom row.  I think I'm going to go ahead and sew this now and I'll add the bottom row to it when I get it finished.




I sewed the binding onto this small soft colorwash last night (only a portion of it is shown here).  I have had the quilting done for several weeks but couldn't decide which edge was the top and couldn't decide between a facing and a binding.  Finally I just decided to finish it with a  binding.  I used diagonally folded squares on all 4 corners on the back so any of the 4 edges can be the top depending on which 2 triangles the hanging rod is placed into.  I got the hand stitching done on one short edge and 3/4 of one long edge.

8 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

you can do it! I'm racing to beat the clock too ,counting today we've got 3 days 🙆 both the green & the color wash are looking great!

Nann said...

The different-sized squares in the border add great interest. Love all these greens!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great you are moving to the finish line on more

JJM said...

December 2023 has been one of your busiest productive months. If I’d take time to look back into your archives I’m sure there are others. But for now, it sounds like it’s going to be a record month for this year. Looking forward to seeing the monthly line-up.

JJM

Julierose said...

Another lovely colorwash piece--love the pinks in this one...

I hope your upcoming 2 days will see you to the finish line!!;)))
Sending you some hand clapping cheer!!

44 this morning and --guess what?--gray and cloudy AGAIN!!
No sewing here, a bit of crocheting and some paper works...
hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

You are whizzing right along! The Rosy quilt is going to be so wonderful and such a lovely antidote to the deeply gray skies and khaki ground outside my windows.

Barbara Anne said...

Love these quilts ... Rosy is a joy and I think that binding fabric will look wonderful on the wee colorwash quilt!

Remember not to sew so fast that you don't enjoy it or that your guardian angel cannot keep up!

Hugs!

Patty said...

I’m rooting for you! It sounds like you will be able to get both finished. What a productive month you are having! I finished up sewing the last of the 25 16-patch blocks then took the scraps and ended up making 9 more blocks. Those blocks are in the tan, gray, and blue families. I have a small group of strips that are maroon that still need sewn into stratas, cut into sections then made into the16 patch blocks. I have been working on some cross stitching too.