Saturday, December 30, 2023

Finish # 7 for December 2023.................


I finished the binding on the Soft Colorwash early in the day yesterday.  It is made of all batik fabrics and it measures about 20" x 33".


It is ditch quilted in the vertical seams with Invisifil thread.









I mentioned yesterday that I put squares folded diagonally on all 4 corners so a hanging rod/dowel can be slipped into any 2 on a side to display it in the orientation that is desired.











The next in line project was pressing all of the edge blocks for the Rosy quilt.







Then I started sewing this top together.  By 7 p.m. I had it up on the design wall so I could design the bottom row.










Here is te proof the bottom row was finished and sewn onto the top.  Since it was 10 p.m. by then, the pressing and measuring had to wait until today.


If I don't run out of energy I want to quilt one more for an even 30 finishes for the year.

12 comments:

Mary said...

Both projects are lovely and incorporate my favorite color mixes. I hope you meet your goal, but whether you do or not, you have had a very productive 2023.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is great how you are moving along. If I know a quilt will be a small hanging that is how I finish them off too with the folded corners like that

Julierose said...

Love that colorwash light swirling...so pretty;)))
30 finishes would be just amazing, Wanda--good luck!

41 this morning and partly sunny...windy though--we may try an outside walk this morning...

I am taking a little sewing break (I guess)-- as I cannot decide what to do next...nothing is calling my name...
hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

Such beautiful color combinations -- and I know you'll get to 30 by the end of the weekend!

JJM said...

What a gorgeous colorwash and with the options of it hanging anyway you desire. You’re one in a Million Wanda !! Plus going for your goal of 30 finishes for 2023 is amazing.

JJM

MissPat said...

Thank you, Wanda, for being such an inspiration. Your use of color and design, and your productivity provide us with a daily reminder of what can be done, if we put our minds to it.
Pat

Barbara Anne said...

Applause, applause!! Good luck and good energy to last until you reach your goal of 30 finished quilts. It's okay if you end up with 29 finished, of course, as it's most important not to push yourself too far.

Love the colorful quilts as always!

Hugs!

pbj fiber marietta said...

Boy you have been tearing it up in December, along with all the other things going on! Way to go Wanda! I love your use of color and the thought processes you go through to get it just right. Happy New Year!
Hope 2024 will be a happy and healthy year.
Pat

Vicki W said...

What a pretty wall hanging and a great finish to an outstanding month of finishes!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love this quilt! I fell for his quilt featured in Quilting With A Modern Slant when I bought the book not long after publication, I love the smooshiness - if that's a word - of your rendition here.
Finish #7 is another winner!!

Patty said...

Get one more quilted? You are amazing! With 7 finishes for the month you must have set a personal record already. I spent the day making 16 patch blocks out of a small pile of 2 1/2 inch maroon strips with different prints. I ended up with 21 blocks.

Cathy said...

Awesome creative work this month, Wanda! That soft colorwash is to die for!!