Saturday, December 23, 2023

A little bit done..................


Yesterday morning I trimmed the quilt that I had longarmed by Robin.  You can see a little peek at the backing at the bottom right flipped back corner.  I think I will use that for my binding too.  I was able to get 2 strips from the trimmings and I will get the rest from the leftover backing.  I might get the binding sewn on late today or tomorrow and then I'll show the whole quilt.  If you can't wait, here is the top when it was finished in April 2014, just 9 1/2 years ago.


I searched for Christmas fabrics to make the stocking for my newest great-grandson.  The Santa fabric will be the front, snowmen on the back and trees for the lining.  I will use my embroidery machine to put his name on the cuff.

 

8 comments:

Lynda said...

Thanks for the link to the "old" quilt top. I love that one with the repeating pattern enlarged. Lynda

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

another done!

Julierose said...

What a lovely 3-size Hole in the Barn Door quilt--you are really moving along finishing up this December. Good deal:)))
A bit warmer this morning at 24 degrees...I think your warming trend is coming here...okay by me...still pretty raw out there. We've been putting our miles on the tread mill this week--(well, not miles for me, maybe 15 min intervals!! hahaha),
My daughter is going to come see us Christmas Day afternoon when the grands are visiting her ex-husband's family ...nice surprise-- I will make my minnestrone soup for us...hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great progress. Besides shopping, cleaning and prepping for dinner today, my sewing is sadly neglected.

Barbara Anne said...

Well done in having that delightful 9.5 year old quilt nearly finished! How satisfying. :)

Perfect and charming fabrics for the stocking, too. Lucky baby to have such a wonderful family.

Hugs!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great quilt - and it will be finished soon making it even better! Good luck with the stocking - I like your fabric choices.

JJM said...

From the prairies of Africa ~ those zebras roam… and shown in a pattern that is so intriguing. I had forgotten all about that quilt top.. I. Too went back to see it, before being quilted. It really is a quilt that magically brings thoughts about Africa.

Fabrics for Babies Christmas stocking fabrics are wonderful and stocking will last for several years for Santa to fill.

I really miss having all our babies grown now. Christmas Blessings to you and all your family.

JJM

Patty said...

It will be good to have another top become a finished quilt. That stocking will be cute with those fabrics. Today my son, DIL, and two girls came for our Christmas celebration. I got thru it and I am exhausted. LOL! We had a good time and no one walked away hungry!