Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Between projects...........


 I looked for binding for the batik star quilt without any success yesterday.  I was looking for something similar in color to the border but one shade darker and so far nothing has jumped out and said "use me".  I might have to just choose a color since the quilt is totally multicolor scrappy. 

When I'm between projects I will usually sew strips into strata.  I have a box of 2.5" Kaffe collective strips and I'm down to the leftovers, ones that didn't fall into a color group for a previous quilt.  I haven't decided if they will be cut into 16 patch pieces or maybe I'll experiment with longer sections.  So far though this is just an in between project because I have batting to cut for the 2 I Spy quilts and also piecing backings.

5 comments:

Mary said...

It's nice to have a go-to option when you are letting ideas percolate.

Julierose said...

Oh that's a good idea--getting stratas together;))) I sewed some red,green, and white Ojos yesterday--just wanted to do some {semi}mindless sewing...my hands are really sore from all the hand stitching on Bramble--so I can just sew strips for a while...I hope to make a small table runner for our counter to match the red placemats I made last year...
Santa got me a 3" 1/2 square triangle die which is coming in the mail in a week...I will be making quite a lot of those...I have SO MANY dies--esp'ly applique ones, that I haven't used at all...I need to get into fusing applique pieces and doing the stitching on machine as my hands are not good...
Hope you have a good "in between" fun-sewing day hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

You sure know how to “keep the ball rolling” in your studio’s. Such pretty fabric combinations for your strata’s. I know you’ll find the perfect binding for your stars soon.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Your energy and active imagination amaze me as you keep happily busy. Me, I'd be tempted to sit down with a good book! After all, you're ahead of the game with those delightful flannel quilts. :)

Hugs!

Patty said...

I love seeing the goodies you find when you’re looking for something else! It will be fun to see what you come up with playing with those strips. How you have better luck finding just the right binding.