Sunday, December 17, 2023

Working on two...............


In the morning yesterday I trimmed I Spy 1 and looked for a binding fabric.  I finally decided on this bright red/orange.  I started sewing it on the quilt last night but didn't get it finished.








After lunch I went through some early Kaffe fabrics for more greens for the Rosy quilt.  The stripe might be the binding.  I cut strips for 9 patches from 5 of them and 6.5" squares from 2 of them.



I sewed the new 9 patches last night and then decided to see if I had enough variety.  This is layout one.













I still had three 9 patches and about a dozen squares left so I added a row on the right and partial row to the bottom.  I need to make 5 more 9 patches if I stay with this size.  I have too much dark at the bottom so the layout will change.  I might look for more greens and take out the some of the really dark squares.  

Meanwhile I need to get the binding finished and start baking for gifts to mail.


 

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Such a beautiful variety of greens are making up this quilt. It looks like a fun one to put together...
45 here this morning and gray.
Tom is doing better today but my son is still isolating with his Covid bout that hit him the 14th...
I have no idea what this will mean for our Christmas get together...the important thing is that Jeff's beginning to feel better after being really sick...
Take care and stay healthy hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those blues and greens look really great together. I got some baking done yesterday and two different kinds of cookie dough made for today.

JJM said...

You really had a busy day yesterday and your photos always adds the visual details we so enjoy seeing.

JJM

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love those gorgeous colors together.
Andrea

Barbara Anne said...

Your speed with assembling quilts is amazing as is your enviable energy! Well done and I agree about those dark blocks. Love the orange binding, too.

It's raining here and I'm cleaning up my sewing room. Help, please!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

😊

Nann said...

Interesting how an entire quilt of busy prints is actually calm because ALL the prints are equally busy. Discord occurs when big/bold alternates with small/subtle. Great colors! Do you make standard Chex Mix or one of the variations?