Wednesday, December 20, 2023

3 batches.............


Yesterday morning I cut 3 more  pieces from one more fabric for the 6" finished squares and took a daylight photo from my computer chair.  It is looking better with more of the dark squares removed.











I made 2 batches of Chex mix in the afternoon and in the evening my first batch of spritz.  Now I need to make the chocolate ones.



I had some questions yesterday about the Hamilton Beach cookie press I showed on my post.  I also have 2 parts to a Proctor-Silex cookie press with extras in the second box.  I'm not sure which one came first.  One company bought out the other and after doing a search I find that most of the ones available now are on e-bay, some new, some used.  It looks like the newer style with a push down handle is the way they are going now.  I have had mine for a long time and I hope it lasts a few more years.

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I saw a cookie press that works on batteries eliminating some of the need to push, I thought about getting one but I make so many cookies as it is I thought maybe I better pass on it.
The quilt top is looking good.

Nann said...

Both the quilting and the culinary producations look delicious!

JJM said...

Replacing just your 3 dark squares gives this piece a cheerful look to it. I too like it way better.

Your production of all the Christmas cookies you has been a feat in itself. Your family is in for a wonderful Christmas treat !

These days as a Christmas nears are so busy for all of us it seems.

JJM

Helenchaffin said...

I luv it!

Connie said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around your home. I'm sure the smells coming from the oven are amazing. As always love your quilt you must quilt in your sleep to be as prolific as you are . . . sewing one right after the other. I don't think that your sewing machine ever has time to cool down, LOL.
Merry Christmas,
Connie :)

Julierose said...

Love those lighter 9 patches--they really look great!! Nice change...
Grocery run this morning--BUT I forgot (!!!) laundry detergent--just too many things on my mind I think...so back again tomorrow...
Only 39 here this noon--pretty cold out there...i consider my shopping through the store, my walk for the day...;)))
hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

Love the quilt and wonder if you might try darker squares in the four corners?

Your cookies look so yummy. :)

Hugs!

Vicki W said...

You have such a nice big design wall!