Friday, December 8, 2023

Backing for one..........


The batting is now cut for both I Spy Quilts.  I decided on Warm and Natural because it is flatter and I don't want much puff in the quilting on these quilts.

I also located backing fabric for I Spy 2.  The boys it is for are under 2 years of age so they should like this backing for a long time.


I started the binding on the batik star quilt a few inches before a corner and with just a little stitching time yesterday I managed to get a few inches past the next corner so one short side is stitched.

Today it is supposed to get near 60 degrees so I might try to get a little cleanup done in the garage.

 

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Good that you've found that nice batting--I like that flatter look, too...
We are a tad warmer this morning at 29 degrees--predictions are for warming so i can see my wish for snow may have to be tabled...;(((
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a warm up here today too and rain starts late in the day - I'm running out for awhile so I'm glad it isn't suppose to rain in the daytime

JJM said...

Your ‘I Spy’ backing is so cute and full of fun too. They will cuddle and play in and on those quilts for years. And I so admire your hand stitched binding for your huge quilt.

Hope you get your garage work done today while it is a warmer day.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

Totally agree about the backing you chose! Take your time with that batik binding - hand stitching batiks is never particularly easy.

Barbara Anne said...

What a delightful backing fabric you will be using and some little someone will surely love it and the quilt!

It's in the upper 50s*F here, too, so that's weird.

Am off to the post office soon to mail 4 packages and that will be an accomplishment!

Hugs!

Patty said...

That print will make a fun backing for the I Spy quilts. You are making progress on getting that binding sewn on so a little done one day then the next is a good thing. It got up to 57 here today and the same is forecasted for Saturday. I need to get one more corner of my garage straighten up so I can hang my wheelbarrow up and get it out of the way.