Thursday, December 7, 2023

Binding chosen.............


I searched one more time and found this beige with brown dots for the binding on the batik stars quilt.  Most of my batiks are 1/2 yard or less and I needed more that that so my choices were limited.  I like this one with the border and the backing fabric.


I started the hand finishing but won't have it all done for a few days.  I have other things I need to do first.  It's amazing what a difference the lighting makes since these are the same fabrics as in the photo above.  The real colors are somewhere between these 2.


While in the basement I decided to bring the 2" squares of Christmas fabric cut many years ago up to the main floor studio.  I found strips in the box with them.  I'm not sure when I cut them.



There is a pretty good variety of strips so maybe I'll use a combination of the 2 sizes in my new table runner.  The strips are 1.5" wide.



There is a lot more variety of squares since several of the piles have 4 different fabrics in them.  I'll work on an idea for this while I'm getting a quilt ready to load on the longarm.

We had some sunshine yesterday and more predicted for today.  The beginning of December has been overcast almost every day until now.  We are ready for brighter days.

 

8 comments:

Julierose said...

I like that "dotty" border a lot--nice choice...
Only 23 this morning with frost everywhere--pretty at sunrise...
Today is a recoup day after yesterday's lunch out and errands...couldn't fall asleep last night as i was overtired I think...
Hoping to sew a few Christmassy strip Ojos today and continue to rest the handworks...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think the fabric that you have for a backing is one that I am using here and there in my NYB in a slightly different color - more of a purple in the circles and the circles are larger - I also have the binding fabric someplace in the stash

Nann said...

If you just look in one more place the right fabric will appear! Enjoy the warmer temperature today.

JJM said...

I knew you’d find the right binding for your stars…. And what lovely Christmas fabrics and already cut, for maybe, that table runner you mentioned. Plus you're really moving to be working on loading another quilt on your long arm also.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

That binding fabric you found is just perfect and am glad it didn't stay hidden!

What a glorious Christmas fabric treasure trove you found and 'tis the season to create something wonderful with those squares and strips. No hurry!

Hugs!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the binding fabric by itself or as a binding. I love the colors of the Christmas fabric because they are a rich variety and not just flat dull shades. They look exciting.

Patty said...

The dotty fabric looks great as the binding. You have some lovely Christmas prints. They will made a beautiful table runner. It has been overcast here lately but today the sun was out and there a beautiful sunset with lots of pinks and lavenders.

Vicki W said...

Getting colors to photo correctly is still frustrating for me!