Saturday, December 2, 2023

November 2023 Monthly recap............


 I am so happy that 2 of my largest quilt tops have turned into finished quilts.  On the left is Blooming 9 Patch which is 88" x 105.5".  On the right is a Trip Around the World which was started somewhere between 1998 and 2002 and was used for in progress class demos for many years. Finally it was all sewn together in 2014 and now is a finished quilt at 85" x 104".   I finally hoisted it up on my double design wall and used many pins to hold it in place for its portrait.  There is about 6" resting on the floor.


4 quilt tops were assembled.  The 2 flannel baby quilt tops on the left are 39" square and 40" square.  They were quick projects because the pieces were already cut.  I only had to design and sew them.  In the center is I Spy 2 which is 68.5" x 80.5".  I Spy 1 top was finished a few months ago.  Both of these need to be finished for Christmas this year.  On the right is Kaffe collective red squares with the inserted pieced narrow borders.  It is 68.5" x 86.5".  I intended for it to be smaller but there were so many wonderful red prints to put in it.


I need to restock my flannel quilt supply.  I'm starting with baby quilt size.  Most of the strips for this quilt were cut a long time ago.  There were 2 sizes of strips in the box but I didn't notice that until I had already pieced 6 blocks.  I had to trim all of the blocks to match the smallest one.  This ended up at 39" square.


I cut the 4" tumbler shapes with my die cutter when cleaning up in February 2022.  It was nice to just be able to start designing and sewing this week.  There are enough pieces left for another small quilt.  This one ended up 40" square.  I will be able to use just one width of fabric for backs on both of these little quilts.

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you accomplished a lot - it is hard to get those big quilts on the wall to take a photo!

Julierose said...

Lovely finishes for November; you got a lot done!! Nice that you already had pieces cut and ready to assemble on those two flannel ones--they turned out beautifully....
48 degrees here, gray skies after last night's rain...kinda gloomy out there..;000 --good day for trimming our two little tabletop trees;)))
hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

What an awesome array of finishes for November. Each and every one shows off your fabrics and designs of your creative talent. Just wonderful ! Your two super large ones are amazing .

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

What absolutely delicious quilts you've made and I know having those two long-awaited quilts finished is deeply satisfying!

I wish my many scraps were cut and organized as yours are so I could just pick a box, arrange the contents to suit me, and start sewing.

Hugs!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Wow … just wow. So much accomplished!

Patty said...

You got a lot of sewing done in November; a nice balance of tops and fully finished quilts.