Monday, December 18, 2023

#5 finish for December..................


The binding is finished on I Spy 1 and now I just need to inspect it for any stray threads and then get it ready to be mailed.  This one ended up at 64" x 80.5".  The novelty print squares are 4" finished.






The backing is flannel that I bought at a year end sale 2 years ago.

The batting is Warm and Natural because I wanted a flatter quilt.  I didn't want rolling puffs through the novelty prints.







I found 4 more green Kaffe fabrics to use in the Rosy quilt.  The 2 on the left will be for the big squares and the other 2 in 9 patches.





I meant to get a daylight photo of my orange cactus blooming but next thing I knew it was dark.  I rarely use the flash on my camera and it takes forever for it to warm up.  I finally did get it to work.  All of the blooms are on the side that faces my west picture window.


I started my Christmas gift baking yesterday late afternoon.  I started with the English Toffee bars.

Then I made a batch of fudge.








Last was a double batch of shortbread cookies.  These are a favorite of my great-grandchildren.

Spritz is probably next.  I also make homemade Chex mix for everyone and I haven't purchased the supplies yet.

9 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love the quilt and the border is just perfect. It looks very cozy comfortable. I can only bake gluten free here because my husband has celiac and I don't want to contaminate the kitchen. He loves shortbread type cookies, so I will see if I can find a GF one that looks like yours. The cactus is beautiful.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I bet the kids will love the quilts.
I need to see if there is anything else I need to make

Julierose said...

Oooh yum--those English toffee bars are my favorite...;)))

Five finishes--you are on a roll for sure--Love the I Spy ones--and
that KF green fancy "urn" fabric is so neat...love all the colors...

We are still in the midst of a rain/wind event--driving over the CT River Bridge to my early Clinic appointment was not fun!! [interesting to note that most of the people there were masked up].

We have "cells" of rain and wind hitting us...and it is dark as night out there...so glad to be home...
sipping my cuppa coffee...hugs, Julierose ')))

Quiltdivajulie said...

Five finishes this month - that's a serious WOW. Your toffee bars look delicious!

JJM said...

You certainly are in your Christmas production phase right now. Creating such wonderful treats. Your grandchildren will love your ‘I Spy’ quilts forever. And years of fun to playing ‘I Spy’. They are so blessed to have their GREAT grandma make them especially for them. And your house is filled with aroma from your kitchen, knowing it has to smell as delicious as your baking looks in the photo’s. Oh those Toffee bars look ~ “to die for” just delicious ! Shortbreads too are my grandchildren’s favorites. I too am racing the clock to get all in the mail today and keeping my fingers crossed all will make it by Saturday.

JJM

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt and your Christmas Cactus is very pretty! RD

Barbara Anne said...

You have been busy and, as Walter Brennan said in some movie, "No brag, just fact." and that's true of you. I Spy 1 looks great and someone will certainly love it. If those photos of the fudge, toffee bars, and shortbread cookies had virtual calories, we'd all be in trouble.

Hugs!

Patty said...

Another finish! Woohoo! The treats look so good. I have baked nothing yet. Lately when I get home from work I am so tired I have a hard time getting anything done.

Vicki W said...

What a great December you are having!