Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Quilted..........and binding done...........


I Spy 2 is quilted.  I did straight line with the channel locks farther apart than normal.  With Warm and Natural the quilting doesn't need to be as close as with Hobbs 80/20.  I didn't want a lot of quilting lines going through the novelty prints.


I used the same medium tan thread that I used on the 2 flannel baby quilts.  No thread breaks or shredding on this quilt.





Then I finished the hand stitching on the batik star quilt.  I'll try to get it up on the double design wall for its photo.  It is around 74" x 100".  It probably lost an inch or so in quilting so I'll measure it today.

I also need to sew the seam on the blue flannel backing for I Spy 1 today and get it loaded on the longarm.  It needs to be mailed out before the weekend. 

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the I Spy looks great.

JJM said...

Straight line quilting adds such a lovely tailored look to your ‘I Spy’. And I know how you must feel tying off that last stitch on your ‘Stars’ quilt. A good day of sewing and stitching I’d say.

JJM

Julierose said...

What a lovely quilting finish..it looks amazing. ;)))
Chilly here today with a northerly wind blowing about.
I got my 1/2 sq triangle die and began cutting some this afternoon. It is larger than I pictured--but I may end up just making a whole quilt out of
just those. [3" finished].
Good luck finishing up on that blue backing....hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

Applause, applause and that strip binding fabric is perfect for that happy quilt!

Well done in stitching the binding all the way around that huge and wonderful batik star quilt!! Nice to have a quilt to stitch on in your lap when the evenings are cold.

As always, you're a whiz at making happy and beautiful quilts!

Hugs!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Wonderful quilting on the I Spy . . . I love straight line quilting but mine must always be organic as I don't have channel locks on Max.

Patty said...

One done, another almost done - good job! I bet you are already planning the next project.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The quilts are wonderful for the children. The quilting is cozy and comfy.