Thursday, December 14, 2023

Finish # 4 for December 2023...........


I Spy 2 is officially finished.  It is 67.5" x 79".  It will be for my 2 youngest great-grandchildren.  I originally intended to make an I Spy quilt for my grandchildren and they range from 27 to 36 now.  Better late than never.


I used Warm and Natural batting and a flannel backing on this quilt.









I got the backing and batting for I Spy 1 loaded on the longarm and draped the top over it.  





Last night I went through the pile of 6.5" squares and the box of 2.5" strips as a first pull for the Rosy quilt.  A lot of these are too dark though if I want the same feeling as the one in the book.



I pulled out most of the dark pieces and now it is more of a starter kit for this quilt.  I need to cut some more greens when I decide I'm ready to make it.





I couldn't resist buying a new cactus with red and white flowers.  I used to have one like this many years ago.  My other red is just solid red.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Just another wonderful I Spy finish, Wanda:)))) I love that border and the backing!!
What a pretty cactus...it looks very Christmas-ey in that pretty red...
27 degrees here this morning and sunny once again--every afternoon around 2 the clouds roll in and it gets very gray--looks like rain or snow, but so far none...looking forward to a quiet day today--hopefully!! Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the great-grandchildren will love their quilts - this year I hope to finally be done giving each of my sisters and brothers - my grandchildren and children have more than they ever would need.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I am so happy to have one grandchild - I cannot imagine having great grands. I really like your newest cactus - those blossoms glow!

JJM said...

Splendid ‘I Spy 2’ ! I know your great grandchildren’s parents will have as much fun as their babies. And yet another ‘I Spy’
awaiting on the long arm. You’re surely not wasting any time in your studios. Enjoyed seeing your ‘starter kit’ for the next quilt…. And I agree, what a lovely color cactus blossom.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Wonderful Eye Spy quilts and 4 finishes in December and it's just the 14th!!! You are on a roll and now have Rosy in the wings.

Love your new red/green cactus, too!

It was 25*F here this morning and the high will be 47*F. Hot tea time!

Hugs!

Vicki W said...

Yay! Another finish!

Patty said...

Another wonderful finish!