Sunday, March 1, 2020

February 2020 monthly recap..............

I have 3 finishes for February just like I did in January.  It would be nice to keep up this pace.  The wonky heart baby quilt is 38" x 39", Australian Valentine quilt is 54" x 68", and the zipper quilt is 59" x 71".

The postage stamp quilt top was started about 7 months ago and it is 55.5" x 71.5" and contains 4032 1" finished squares.  The batik star quilt top was started almost 3 years ago and just needed its border to become a finished top measuring 74.5" x 100.5".  I was thankful for the extra day in February to get this much finished.  I had another quilt top in mind to get its final border instead of the batik star and have its border cut too.

Now I'm planning what to work on in March.  I want to finish another top in the solids and prints series and have one with 31 blocks already made and all of the solids cut for 80 blocks.  I just need to cut more prints to finish them.  I have that new project that I have been itching to start too.  I have 2 quilts basted ready to quilt on my straight stitch machine so I'm ready to jump into action for March.

9 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

You are a quilting machine. Love your finishes.you go girl!

Lesley Gilbert said...

Love your 2 latest finishes - a lot of work putting all those postage stamp blocks together I bet. Have a lovely Sunday and happy sewing :)

Julierose said...

Such lovely finishes! Beautiful work in February...will be watching to see your new project come to life;))) hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

Three finishes plus two in waiting ~ each one a treasure Wanda . Beautiful array of designs and fabrics . Your Batik Star is mesmerizing.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great finishes. You got loads done and they look so terrific. You made good use of the extra day.

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a month you had!! THREE finishes plus TWO quilt tops -- way to go!!

Ann said...

It's so nice to get our tops finished. These are lovely.

patty a. said...

All wonderful finishes! I didn't finish anything for February, but that's ok. The t-shirt quilt is almost done and I got a great start on fixing up my laundry/utility room.

Nann said...

I've followed the progress on your postage stamps -- it is so great to see the blocks put together! The consistent solids in each block really enhance the sparkling stamps.