Friday, March 6, 2020

Searching, cutting............

I needed to search for more low volume prints to pair with the last little group of triangles.  I wanted to have all different prints than the ones I had already cut.  After I took this photo I cut the triangles but ran out of steam last night before I could sew them.
A friend is coming over to sew today so I put my Blooming 9-patch pieces back up on a design wall.  I intend to sew more of the 9 patches today and hopefully cut the fabric for the next round.  It is a black background print so that should change the appearance of the design.  It is a little boring right now.

There were some questions about the wool pressing pads yesterday.  I bought mine on sale and they are reputable brands.  I just took a chance and am very happy with mine.  Some blogs have negative comments about using steam with them but I always use steam and have no problem with smell.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my wool pressing mat and have had it about 2 months. No smell, but I haven't used it with steam. The wool seems to grab a hold of the block/fabric and keeps it in place so if you are somewhat aggressive with the iron like me, your blocks and fabric do not get distorted. I waited for a sale as these can be a bit pricey.

Kathy

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have always wanted to make a blooming 9 patch but choosing the fabric is intimidating. Once it is cut and sewn, it seems little chance to make a change. I think the values would have to be dead on or it would look mushy.

Julierose said...

I've used steam with my wool pad and no smell...it's new to me and i am enjoying using it.
Your blooming 9-patch looks lovely;)) that is such a pretty pattern hugs, Julierose

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

I don't know what we did before the wool pressing mats and mist bottles! Revolutionize the pressing station!!! I always do a hands-on... demo at shows, of both for those unsure if it is as good as I say!!!

Sylvia Anderson said...

Good morning Wanda. The fabrics you are using for this quilt are very interesting, especially the gold one, which, when enlarged, seems to glow. Have fun with your friend, and enjoy the 60 degree weather we are supposed to have on Sunday. My husband can't wait to get outside and get some work done.

patty a. said...

That Blooming 9 patch is pretty! The gold really sets it off. Have a great weekend!

Quiltdivajulie said...

A bit of steam here or there doesn't cause much smell on the wool mats. BUT if you go on a prolonged pressing spree, the smell reminds me of wet woolen mittens from my childhood.