Monday, March 9, 2020

A little quilting............

I decided I needed to have a finish near the beginning of the month so I ditch quilted this top along seam lines in both directions and in the diagonal seams and on both sides of the inner border.  Then I did a large loose free motion meander in the border.  I found a piece of polyester batting that was the perfect size.  I haven't used puffy polyester for many years.  Maybe you can see the puff since each large pieced triangle is unquilted. 
Last night I sewed on the binding and started the hand stitching.  This is a small quilt so it should only take a couple more nights of hand stitching to complete it.  The backing is 3 different fabrics which I showed on this post. You can click on my photos for a larger view.  Have you ever wondered about the blogs that tell you to click for a larger view and instead it is the same size or sometimes smaller?  If they use Google Blogger it is because they have YES for "showcase images with lightbox" in their settings.  I have mine set for NO and that gives you the ability to supersize my photos.  Of course the blogger has to upload large enough photos too for that to happen.  Some people upload very small photos to begin with so we can never see the details in their quilt projects.  I want you to see the details in mine.

12 comments:

Roxanne said...

Thanks for the explanation! I had wondered. Often I want to study up close and can’t do it—zooming in will make it blurry and I can’t see details of fabrics or texture. You are so good to your readers!! ❤️

Linda Swanekamp said...

Well, I for one, appreciate the ability to supersize and study the quilt photos. Next best thing to being there.

Lesley Gilbert said...

I always like to see your 'super-sized' photo's and admire your workman (workwoman) ship qualities (is that a phrase you use, workmanship?), and I sometimes like to see where you do your quilting lines. I love your choice of colours and fabrics in this quilt :)

JustGail said...

I really appreciate being able to zoom in and see the details on your photos. On other blogs, opening link in another tab sometimes allows you to zoom in. Sometimes not.

I like this quilt, I probably would not have thought to use those border fabrics with those blocks.

patty a. said...

It will be wonderful to have a finish early in the month. The quilt turned out so pretty. Will this be a giveaway quilt?

Julierose said...

thanks for the "super sizing" explanation...I love seeing close-ups--
you get to look at the fabric choices and quilting...hugs, Julierose

Kerry said...

I don't remember changing anything but your photo was huge on my screen! Thank you! I've always held back from clicking on the piccies because they didn't make much of a difference so assumed most people's blog photos were the same, so I didn't super zoom yours before now! Thank you. And it is a gorrrrrrgeous quilt!

JJM said...

And what beautiful details they are too . I love the puffy texture you have created, enhancing to the overall beauty.

JJM

sue s said...

Such a beautiful use of scraps! I like puffy quilts but have only made a few. One was a baby quilt that I then had so much trouble quilting I swore not to do it again.

Kristin said...

I don't have a blog, but thanks for the info re: the photos. I appreciate that yours open up to a larger image and I often do that to get a better look at your beautiful quilts! I have noticed that many bloggers don't use this capability.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love that border fabric - especially in the larger photo. Happy hand stitching!

Lynn Dykstra said...

THANK YOU! I reset mine.
Now if only I could figure out how to have comments come to my mail again. I keep losing that ability.