Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Playing with stash..........

I sewed more triangles last night but didn't take a photo.  I have laid out the last combinations to sew tonight.

One of the groups of fabrics I was going through was my kid prints/conversation prints.  When I worked at the quilt shop in the 1990s we carried a lot of that type print because the I Spy quilts were really popular then.  I always bought a yard of fabric at that time because I had an income and a big discount.  I can see now that I did NOT need that much of each print.  The pile at the left is all quarter yard or less and large scraps.  Now my stacks on the shelves are much neater.

8 comments:

Sharon W. said...

On Pinterest, I found this delightful quote. "Nobody expects a stamp collector to use his stamps to mail letters. Nobody expects a coin collector to use his coins in vending machines. SO why do people expect me to use my fabric collection to make anything?" I remember you commenting once that some of your collection just gets taken out and petted occasionally, but not used. Lovely!!!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Those prints are a gold mine! So much fun. Little people do love to explore their quilts and find all the different elements. Have fun fondling your stash!

patty a. said...

That is a wonderful stack of novelty prints! They might come in handy one of these days. I have a pretty good stash of those to, but I remember buying smaller pieces. I made that Jimmy Buffett's pants quilt and used a lot of ocean related prints in it so I have a bunch of pieces left. I also had made several I Spy type quilts too so lots of bits leftover.

Beth D. said...

Someday it would be nice to see pictures of your stash. I'd like my husband to see a real stash so he quits complaining about my collection.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Lately, I have been getting request for young boys' comfort quilts. I have been a hard time getting dinosaurs, aliens, etc. All that seems to be available now are licensed characters from movies. I think quilts made with all those will be outdated and unknown too soon.

JJM said...

No matter which collection of fabrics you show us, they're always fun to see.

JJM

The Joyful Quilter said...

Do I spy "I Spy" kits in your next stash sale?!?! :o))

Maria said...

Oh how much fun would it be to play in your stash! Lots of fun novelties there.....