Sunday, March 8, 2020

Decisions, decisions..................

I sewed 9 patches with fabrics 6 and 7 and cut some edge triangles of fabric 7 since I have a lot of that fabric.  I contemplated stopping at this color.





Fabric 7 is a strange color, a dull gold background and greenish khaki color flowers.   It is a little darker than it looks here.





Then I laid the piece of fabric 8 against the fabric 7 to see if it is going to add anything to the quilt.








Then I cropped out all of the white design wall to get a better idea what I am going to do.  After seeing this photo I'm thinking I do need to add the last fabric because it is the same type of green as fabric 3 but just darker in value.  Now I have lots of 9 patches to sew for the 5 & 6 combination and the 6 & 7 combination so I have time to think about this.







I took a break from that project and sewed 6 more blocks for the framed 9 patch quilt.  This is number three in the solids and prints series and I hope to get this top sewn this month.  I need 80 blocks and I have 38 sewn so far.  All of the solids are cut for all 80 blocks.

9 comments:

Julierose said...

I love that dull gold bkgrd flowery piece--I like how it looks ...
adds to those white outlined leaves, I feel, too. This will be such a gorgeous piece...hugs, Julierose

Patsy m. Noyes said...

Just figured out the pattern from the last photo. Quite a interesting concept. Love what you are doing.

Beth said...

I really like this - something about how one fabric transitions to another :) :)

Marnie Haines said...

What a treat, Wanda, to watch you think through material selections. This blooming nine patch is a perfect project for the coming of spring. So much quietly bursting forth in our gardens and on your wall. Thank you!

JJM said...

It's a beauty to study all day Sunday. These fabrics take my breath away, and your design is phenomenal !

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

This Blooming Nine Patch says Autumn to me - just where we're heading down here! I have the Tradition with a Twist sitting on my bookshelves, I love them but never made one, perhaps towards the end of the year I might.

Julie in GA said...

I love seeing your Blooming 9-Patch quilt coming together! You inspire me to make another one myself. I like the addition of that dark fabric to finish it off around the outside.

patty a. said...

The transitions from one color to another are so good! They just blend so nicely. I bet it is prettier in person too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That looks lovely, Wanda! Thanks for the reminder that I need to get my own B9P on the longarm. SOON!!