Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Working on two.............


I finished sewing the last 5 blocks for the Karla Alexander pattern, The Square Within, in her book Color Shuffle.





Then I cut the squares I needed to change the log cabin blocks from 4 patches to 9 patches.  Now the quilt will be 63" wide instead of 42".  I sewed one more block after I took this photo and laid out the 5th block.

Outside I dug out the least productive tomato plant along my driveway and planted a Hosta that has been in a pot for over a year.  I decided there won't be any tomato plants in the center of that area next year.  The ones on both ends do much better than the middle position.  Then I took out one of the volunteer plants (that has been growing in a pot) since it was almost done producing.  It had 5 little tomatoes on it, 3 of which were green, and I brought them in the house to ripen.  Two more days above 70 and then the 50s.

7 comments:

Charlotte M. said...

These are amazing! I love the fabrics. Do you quilt your own quilt tops?

Julierose said...

Square within blocks look so lovely together--
and those log cabin strs are really neat...nice works.
We are a bit "under the weather" today after the 2 shots yesterday. Mr. a bit worse than I am--he actually went back to bed!! ;000
Hugs, Julierose

Gene Black said...

I really like the nine patch log cabins.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your wall looks just so bright and happy!!!

JJM said...

I so enjoy watching your creativity in the works. Wow those 9” blocks are awesome, and a fun surprise.

I see you have a newby’ commenting today. Forgive me but I couldn’t help but smile at “do you quilt your own quilts ?”

JJM

patty a. said...

You have a lot going on! The design wall is full!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I LOVE the nine patch log cabin stars -- hooray for changing the design. Our tomato plants have been gone for a long time but one stubby variety surprised us with a complete second crop (now finished).