Tuesday, October 4, 2022

2 out of 11 blocks...........


I got 11 blocks sewn last night but there was no room on the design wall to display them.  I have 5 more blocks left to sew.

I have an idea for the log cabin blocks which will increase the size of the quilt.  I've chosen the fabrics I need and I may work on that today so I can get those blocks off the design wall. 

I think I may need to turn on the heat Thursday night.  It is only going to be in low to mid 50s on Friday and Saturday.  It has been between 57 and 61 in the house each morning and the sun coming in the big windows has raised the temperature to 67 or 68 each day.  I don't have much hope of the sun doing the job when it is 50ish outside.

 

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Well, we turned on our heat this morning--48 degrees and our house just doesn't warm up much...plus it's still very windy!!
Your blocks are really looking so pretty...stay warm hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

The front of my house which is brick, faces the south and the radiant heat keeps the house at a nice temp. In the winter I keep the house around 57 - 60 (at least that is what the old thermostat said) so the house has been around 63 at the low. I will just wait and see with turning on the furnace. I try every year not to turn it on until November. If it gets too cold in the lower level in the studio I will just turn on the space heater. We all need more design wall! LOL!!

Florida Farm Girl said...

Oh, you're more hardy than me. We've had our heat on early mornings for several days now. When the inside temp hits 65 I'm ready to get warmed up. (Or stay in bed.)

sewyouquilt2 said...

I caved with the heat too. This project came along fast. So pretty

Vicki W said...

I had to turn my heat on when it got down to 66! The blood is a little thinner in the South.