Saturday, October 22, 2022

27 out of 36 blocks............


I added 10 more blocks last night to the design wall.  It will be 2 rows longer so the last row will be on the floor.  I  need to make 9 more blocks and I have the fabrics chosen for 3 of them.

I worked on a little outside clean up since it was in the 70s yesterday.  Continuing on the red theme, one of my 3 compact burning bushes is showing more color.




The perennial pinkish red Dianthus is still blooming.







My red shaggy Coneflower which I showed a couple weeks ago when it first started blooming.  It was yellow then, turning orange next and some of the bottom petals are beginning to look red now.  I don't know if the second bud will bloom but we have a lot of warm weather predicted for the 8-14 day forecast.


There are many more petals on this variety than on my native purple Coneflowers in the back garden.






One more red for you, my neighbor's pink-red burning bush and his other tree, not sure what kind it is.
  
 

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

such pretty fall colors go with your red quilts so well

Libby in TN said...

We're going to be in the 70s this weekend so garden cleanup is on my agenda, too.

Julierose said...

Your quilt reflects Fall's burning red colors so well! :)))
We are getting mostly yellows to oranges right now...pretty...
hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

What an absolutely lucious group of "reds" . . . stunning.

JJM said...

Delicious reds like a mixed berry pie….. so, so ‘exuberant’ this top has become.

Nice autumn garden tour.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Those reds look stunning altogether in the quilt and, as you, a good match with your burning bush.Your coneflowers are beautiful with the abundance of petals and I do like the colour. On the subject of red/warm colours I love your 16 patch from your former post - I can't believe I haven't read posts for so long, I'll condense.

patty a. said...

The colors in your neighborhood are wonderful. It has been nice that the color has been showing for so long. Once it is gone, you know we are in for a long cold winter.