Sunday, October 23, 2022

Slowly, so slowly..........


I thought I would have the binding chosen and cut but all I got done was trimming the quilt in preparation for binding.  The backing has an orange background and one setting triangle fabric has an orange background and the other one has a red background.  I'll be trying some candidates today.


There are 3 blocks for "The Other 16 Patch" ready for their last seam and I chose 5 more pairs of reds/oranges to sew.  That leaves one pair of fabrics yet to be chosen for the last block.







The tree straight across the street from my front door is fully turned color now and has dropped a lot of leaves.  It is so pretty in the sunshine.





I have some combination hydrangea blooms for my winter bouquets.









This bouquet is the latest Zinfin Doll hydrangeas I cut for a bouquet.  They have more of a beige cast than the ones in the other bouquet.  The cold nights did that to them.
 
 

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the drought has really done a number on my hydrangea and I don't think there are any flowers that I can take inside or enjoying this winter I will look them over today though and see. Fall will be coming fast now here too I'm sure after today which is our last day of the warm front.
The yellow tree you show is a beauty - I need to make sure we get out to take fall photo's this year other than some of our trees. Last year and the year before we barely went to the parks in the fall.

Julierose said...

What lovely hydrangeas! I have one cluster on my bush...it didn't like the drought, I guess. This will be a gray, wet Sunday...hugs, Julierose

Lesley Gilbert said...

That tree colour is amazing. How wonderful for you to see it every day. I've never tried to dry my Hydrangea's - I'd not have room to display them, but yours look lovely. It's raining here today and been quite a wet week so far, but needed for the reservoirs so can't complain. Have a great Sunday Wanda :)

Quiltdivajulie said...

The winter weather last year took out our hydrangea (it wasn't super healthy to start with). Your blooms are huge compared to the ones we had when the plant was at its prime. And, your sixteen-patch is absolutely glorious!

Barwitzki said...

Your quilt is amazing, I love those gorgeous shades of red.
Our trees are also in the most beautiful splendor, as are yours, you are absolutely right - it is a joy.
Your hydrangea bouquet is great... I still have a lot of rose blossoms in the garden and dalias in many colours.
Happy Sunday evening to you.
Viola

Mystic Quilter said...

I love your hydrangeas, such a wonderful array of colour in all the blooms and I've never seen hydrangeas the shape of the ones in your last photo, they're delightful. Straight line quilting is a favourite of mine and I like the way the lines are different widths apart.