Friday, October 7, 2022

Starting sewing the top............


I fixed 3 of the blocks, remade one and am now starting to sew the rows together.  I didn't trim the other 31 blocks.  Excuse the camera cord in the photo.  It was 10:30 p.m. and I just didn't want to re-do the photo.







I decided to record the beginning of the fall color here in my small town.  This is looking north from my driveway.





Here is a closer look at the tree on the left.  It started turning color almost a month ago.  First it was a dark red and now it is bright.








My sedums are now an even deeper rose than last week.








One Sedum is still in a pot from last year.  I don't know if I'll find a place to plant it or not.






The 2 maple trees across the street are just starting to turn, still lots of green on some of the branches.  After the frost (or freeze) Friday night I expect them to turn color quickly.

7 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Our trees are mostly just brown because of our lack of rain. We may get our first frost this weekend so that might help the color.

Lesley Gilbert said...

I've just looked back at your latest posts to see the progress of this quilt top. Loving the mix of all those colours. And that tree is amazing. Yes, it would be nice to see more of their winter progress.
There is a nip in the air now and chilly when the sun doesn't shine. Although we've had some rain our reservoirs are still low so the hosepipe ban continues, not that I need to do any more watering. Also our gas and electric are having problems. We may have to use electric sparingly during busy times - fingers crossed we don't have any blackouts this winter but looking ominous. Have a good weekend, with all the jobs awaiting you :)

Julierose said...

Just lovely Fall colors in your town--we are just starting to get a few hints of color here and there...good job getting all those blocks remade--Have a great weekend Hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

The sedums are so pretty, and that red tree is just spectacular! I'm glad you got the blocks fix. They will be a top in no time!

JJM said...

Autumn is my favorite time year, frosty nights and warm days, turning all the leafy trees into yellows, gold and brilliant reds. The trees in our yards with irrigation systems have turned beautifully but the drought has given us rusty brown and skipped the golden glow we usually see in the mountains and valley. Always nice to see your mid-west glow.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Lucky you with all the fall colour, I do miss this time of year, here most of the trees are evergreen and it doesn't have the cold temperatures for trees to develop fall colour, the only one we have in our garden which changes is the Maple.

Needled Mom said...

The fall colors are so pretty. That’s what I miss here.