Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Sewing # 3 from the design wall.....................


This is the third quilt top to finish from my blog post 3 days ago where I showed parts of 3 quilts on the design wall.  I finished sewing it at 10:30 last night.  It is 32" x 31.5".  It is pressed and ready for the staystitching around the edges.  Speaking of that I did the staystitching on Charley in the Forest and The Other16 Patch yesterday afternoon.  Also I got the seam sewn in a backing ready to load on the longarm.

I covered my tomato plants late yesterday afternoon with help from my almost 5 year old neighbor girl.  She informed me we needed to fill the bird feeders too.  I am considering leaving the plants covered today because I'll have to cover them tonight again.  I have 3 sheets and a huge curtain panel on the ones in the back and binder clips holding them together because it was windy yesterday and it sounds like it will be today too.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely colorwash quilt finish!! Good for you getting all those quilts done!!
Rain here this morning--hugs, Julieroe

Mary said...

Binder clips are a good idea. We get lots of wind here and I will have to remember that.

Quiltdivajulie said...

How fun that she thought about the bird feeders too!

patty a. said...

It was so nice that you had a helper!

JJM said...

Superb Colorwash ~ the center glow to the outside brilliance never ceases to amaze me and warms my heart.

Sounds like your little neighbor girl waits for you to come out to take care of your garden with you. So sweet of her to help.

JJM

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good idea on the binder clips - this year I have nothing left to cover - it will get done in the high 20s tonight - I think I will bring my halloween pumpkins inside so they don't freeze - I'm never sure what you do about those but in a couple days it will be back to the 70/50 range and I don't want them to freeze and then get warm - might speed up the rotting process.

Vicki W said...

How nice to have a little helper with your garden covers! The colorwash turned out lovely.

Mystic Quilter said...

I forget that you have the very cold temps which means you have to cover plants, thankfully we don't have that here in Auckland.
Your colourwash has turned out so well after your comment that the light was too much to the left. Very observant 5 yr old!!