Monday, October 17, 2022

Possible border............


I thought about a pieced border for this small quilt but decided to look through my fabrics for a possible one fabric border.  I think this one looks pretty good.  It is a bottle green background and turquoise dots.

I have another piece of it that would be long enough to cut the borders in one piece.



Here is a closer look.  I think I may take the easy way out and use this one.












I cut some more pieces for my Sunday only project but had 2 long phone calls and only got a few sewn.  I think I will bag the pieces and save them for next Sunday.

Outside I pulled out 3 of the volunteer tomato plants that were looking poorly.  Three more cold nights and then we are getting a big warm up.  I hope I can save the rest of the tomato plants.  8-14 day forecast is for 70s but tomorrow will struggle to get above 40.
 

 

9 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

That green looks good for the border. I've not bought tomato plants the last 2 years. I didn't realise you could keep them to grow again the next year? I just binned mine at the end of the growing season. Sunny here the last couple of days but getting colder on the nights. Supposed to hit 16c/84f by Friday. I'm sewing again; making small items for Christmas. I'm hoping to sell some for my friends charity, Parkinsons Research. I've almost stopped donating on-line to some charities, seeing how their 'managers' get such high wages. I just donate to Cancer Research which is close to my heart. Hope the weather is being kind to you - have a good productive week :)

Julierose said...

That dotty print looks just right on your quilt...really sets it off!!
We are slated to have cooler temps this whole coming week...and this morning is cloudy and gray...with rains to come later on...
Good luck with the tomatoes...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope the tomatoes make it - we are in for 3 cold nights starting tonight the tomatoes I brought in are starting to change colors

patty a. said...

That dotted fabric looks great with that top. I might have to cover my marigolds - you know the ones I planted from see in August. They have grown amazingly well and I enjoy seeing them every day. I will have post a picture of them. They have gotten so big for being planted so late.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love your choice of fabric for the border. I think it complements the whole quilt, not just an easy way out.

JJM said...

I agree with Linda ~ it adds a lovely frame for this piece.

25 degrees this morning, but heats up in the low 70’s by mid afternoon. Lovely autumn here but so dry we are not getting the color we usually get.

JJM

Lisa D. said...

I think that dot fabric is a great choice for your border.

Kristin said...

I love the dotty fabric as a border for your rectangles quilt!

Mystic Quilter said...

The Kaffe Spot seems to be a perfect border for this quilt, I have to make one! I spot some of the older fabrics in your blocks, wish they still had a few of those in their current collections.