Saturday, October 8, 2022

About half sewn.............


I got 3 of the 4 long seams from top to bottom sewn on the current quilt.  No photo.  Maybe tomorrow.

My Coral Bells are starting to dry up now.  We had a very brief shower Thursday but other than that, no rain since the half inch on Sept.18th.  I covered the tomato plants last night with sheets and old curtain panels because of the freeze warning.  There are so many big green tomatoes on the plants so I want to save them if I can.  Next Thursday sounds like another frost or freeze.

I mowed the grass yesterday.  It wasn't too tall and shaggy but my neighbor to the north mowed his the day before so I decided it would look better if I did mine too.  There are already some maple leaves falling off the trees across the street and lots of them were in my yard so they got chopped.


I bought a Coneflower in early summer that was red with a shaggy center.  I finally got it planted about a month ago and it sent up 2 new flower stalks....yellow with fluffy centers.  I wonder what color it will be next year.







The other Coneflower I bought was a yellow one.  I got it planted a couple weeks ago and was faithful watering it every 2 days.  Now I'm wondering what color this one will be next year too...if it survives.







Last night I baked Amish Friendship Bread.  It looks like someone had to try a piece of it.  I am so happy I found out the starter can be frozen.  I have one  more bag of it in the freezer and I will probably feed that one for 10 days and then I'll have some more starter for baking over the winter.

 

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh u didn't know you ccould freeze it!! I'll bet that tasted a treat;)0)
Love the yellow cone flower--no freezes here as yet--but noticeably cooler these days. Nice walking (or shuffling along hahaha) weather!
Have a wonderful weekend...I hope to work on my little Gingerbread House decorating...hugs, Julierose

Sally Langston Warren said...

I had no idea you could freeze the starter! I wonder if that’s true with most starters? When I have used a starter in the past, I eventually would get tired of always having to deal with it. If I could put it in the freezer for a while, then bring it out a couple months later, that would be great! Thank you for this bit of info!

Florida Farm Girl said...

Good to know the starter can be frozen. What size portions did you freeze it in? I love the bread but hesitate to start it up again because I get tired of baking long before the starter is used up.

Needled Mom said...

I heard about the freeze warnings. It’d be a shame to loose those tomatoes. Hmmm.. I wonder who tried that bread. :)

patty a. said...

I had bought some coneflowers that had both bright pink and white flowers. Now all I get are pink flowers, but I just happy they come up. Even though my plants were several years old, I had two that didn't even come up this year.