Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Finished one..............


I finished the hand sewing of the binding on this on point 16 patch but it was too late to take its full photo.  I'll do that today while there is daylight.  Here you can see the 2 fabrics I used for the setting triangles and corners.

The last 2 strip sets were sewn and then all 6 were pressed and cut into the 2 strips for the blocks.  I'll sew that center seam on them today and try to finalize the arrangement of all 36 blocks.

We had rain starting in the early morning hours yesterday and off and on all day.  There was supposed to be some rain overnight last night so I am waiting for the total amount in my rain gauge this morning.  It wasn't heavy rain most of the time so I don't think we got what they were predicting.

9 comments:

Julierose said...

Beautiful setting triangle fabrics!! congratulations on a lovely finish!
It is raining here this morning...still warm--64 degrees hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

Yeah! You got it done! The fabric you used for the corners and setting triangles looks great! It was raining hard at my house this morning, but about halfway to work - seven miles - it stopped. The roads were wet the entire trip though. It is raining at work now so I think it will be on and off all day long. We needed the rain.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those are a perfect way to use those large prints in the corner - the day before yesterday we ended with 2.25 inches of wonderful rain - but gosh was it windy

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looking to be a gorgeous bright happy finish!

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with all your beautiful designs and finishes! You inspire me to get working on all my WIPs.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I do love this one so much. So bright and cheerful, and that is a perfect choice for the binding.

Georgia1937 said...

Every time I read a post from you, I feel that I'm reading a personal note from a good friend (even though I've never met her). Such nice 'homey' notes and ideas from your quilting and your garden. Thank you for being MY FRIEND. (:

O'Quilts said...

Love, just love xo

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Gorgeous colors!!!