Monday, October 10, 2022

Sunday only project again............


While I was going through the large scraps for the Square Within quilt I found some smaller scraps the perfect size for cutting more triangles for the Sunday only project.  If you aren't familiar with this, here is a post that explains this quilt.  I think I have 141 triangle strips sewn now.

I got the last seams sewn in the other quilt but never made it to the ironing table.  


I was cleaning off a portion of my cutting table and there was a group of batik colorwash pieces there.  I decided to see if there was enough variety to make a nice colorwash.  The light center is too far to the left so the only way to fix it with just this assortment of pieces is to shift a LOT of pieces.  I might take another option and just add 4 or 5 more rows on the left side for a landscape orientation rectangle.

 

10 comments:

Charlotte M. said...

I actually like it a bit off center like that. I think it adds interest.

Julierose said...

The triangle Sunday only quilt is looking great.
Off-dah--shifting all the pieces!! That really tires me out when I do it.
Take care--hugs, Julierose

Gene Black said...

I think that I would simply turn it so that the darkest edge is on bottom. Then I would call it "Light Ascending."

Mary said...

I never grow tired to looking at your colorwash quilts.

patty a. said...

That is a nice group of triangle strips. I think the colorwash looks fine the way it is, but what do I know! LOL!!!

Vicki W said...

Have you considered rotating the orientation of the color wash one turn to the right? That would put the dark on the bottom and then I think the light spot would look better than fine.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with Gene and Vicki W - you could rotate it a quarter turn to the right and have the "dark side" on the bottom and the light part in the top left corner - ;))

JJM said...

Nice Sunday work Wanda … and the “frosting on the cake” is to see another of your color washes. I have never seen one I didn’t like !

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

I can't wait to see your Square Within blocks all set up on the design wall, I'm really looking forward to seeing that post come up. I guess your idea of adding more rows on the left on your colorwash would be the quickest option, it's looking good though.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I so much want to start another version that is closer to the inspiration quilt (and less planned out). Yours is seriously motivating me (and I do love the one day a week approach). A plan is hatching . . .