Monday, October 31, 2022

Sunday only project..............


I didn't work on this project a week ago Sunday so I got back to it yesterday.  I had a bunch of batik triangle squares already sewn so I added them into the mix. Half of these are Kaffe fabrics, the other half batik.  There are 8 more groups of batik ready to sew but I ran out of time.  I think I have 161 strips of triangle squares made now.  The antique inspiration has 162 but I thought I might make it a row longer.  I can start designing it now though since I am getting close to what I need.

I spent 2 hours outside yesterday deconstructing tomato plants, pulling them out of the ground and getting the cages put away in the garage.  There were lots of little tomatoes falling off the plants so I pushed some into the holes where the plants had been and covered them with loose dirt.  Next year I will wait to see if some volunteers come up before I buy any plants.  I also emptied the 2 pots that had Cannas in them and broke off the dirt and then divided the rhizomes.  I will have 13 to plant next year if they all survive the winter in the garage.

There was light rain last evening and maybe a little more coming today.  They are only predicting a few hundredths of an inch.

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Sounds like you've gotten your garden ready for its Winter rest. :)))
The triangles are really pretty all together...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I need to get back to the garden this week and get my strawberry beds fixed - I have let the work slide due to an achy neck. This week to be in the low 70's though - no excuses I must get it done

patty a. said...

You got a lot of work done outside! I have been so focused on trying to get the log cabin quilt done I have not done much outside. The quilt will be done tonight so I am going to take some time to get some outside work done while the weather is still nice this week. We might get a bit of rain today and tomorrow, but after that 60's and 70's.

JJM said...

Your days are flying by with Log cabin stars, new fabrics and today your ‘Sunday Only’ triangles, plus all your garden clean up. Fun posts to see Wanda.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Growing nicely, I think having a project on the go for a certain day of the week is a good idea - no pondering on 'which project to work on today'.