Friday, October 21, 2022

Quilting day...............


The month is slipping away and I need some finishes.  I got this one quilted yesterday afternoon.  I unpinned it from the leaders but haven't trimmed it yet.




I found a spool of dark pink, orange and yellow variegated thread to quilt it.  






I turned the red blocks to the horizontal position which makes the rectangles vertical.  Confusing, right?  I added the 7 new blocks that I pressed.  I will be using some fabrics twice in this one.



Here is the next batch in progress.  I need to find some more dark reds today as well as more oranges for the light colors.  Three of these are Brandon Mably prints.  He does more that read mostly one color than Philip or Kaffe do.

 

10 comments:

patty a. said...

Good job getting that quilt quilted yesterday! Yes, October is slipping away very quickly!

Mary said...

Great choice for a quilting thread. It blends perfectly.

Julierose said...

Just lovely quilting, Wanda; love the variegated thread you used...
Have a wonderful weekend hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the quilting suits the quilts really well - I love all these colors

Vicki W said...

I love the backing on the quilt that you are quilting. Thread choice is perfect, as always!

JJM said...

You always select a quilting pattern that brings out even more beauty to you piece. It is so full of beautiful red energy. Like your rectangles as well. Turning the blocks so the rectangles are vertical gives this piece such an appealing glow.


JJM

Anne Ibach said...

I LOVE that 16 patch on point! And the quilting is perfect!

Might have to put one of these on my to-do list.

Also thinking about the Another 16 Patch on point... would have to do half blocks to fill in but that might be fun.

JJM said...

*YOUR piece* not you.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful newly quilted quilt!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I love that 16 patch and the quilting! I had to show Mr. Muddling, and he loves it too. It is just gorgeous, and setting it on point just upped the ante!