Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Loading one, starting another..........


The backing and batting were loaded on the longarm and then I laid the top there to relax out the gentle fold marks.  I haven't chosen the thread colors yet.  I made this quilt top in January 2021 and it is the only 16 patch I have put on point.  I think I have only quilted one other on point quilt on the longarm and that was over 10 years ago.


Last night was my 3 hour TV night, 3 FBI shows in a row.  I pulled out the Kaffe 2.5" strip box and pulled out all of the red/pink strips for another "the Other 16 Patch".  I thought there were more in there so now I can see I'll need to do some cutting.


These 8 sewn units need to be pressed so they can be cut into the 2 strips that make the blocks.  I finished 2 more after I took this photo.  Most of these are low contrast so I'll cut some with a little higher contrast to mix in.

In my indoor garden I have buds starting on 6 of my cacti.  They would be the Thanksgiving cactus according to the internet.  They are probably confused whether they needed to bloom for Canada's Thansgiving which I believe was a few days ago or our US Thanksgiving which isn't until the 4th Thursday next month.  I am just thankful they are going to bloom.

8 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

5 of my cacti are just as confused!!! The sixth is a Christmas cactus I think... well know for sure in a few more months. It may be an Easter... I like the on point 16 patch the best.

Julierose said...

i have one little stub left of my cacti--they all just rotted away last year--no idea why..so I will be starting a new collection this year...
Pretty "on point" quilt--and nice KF pinks for your next 16 patch...
only 37 degrees here this morning--the frost is on the pumpkin now!! :)00
Hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

That quilt is so pretty! You use some colorful thread to quilt it like yellow or hot pink.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

all 3 of my cacti have buds, some just a few one has quite a lot - I've been told they are the Thanksgiving variety with the pointier leaves. I need to find one with the scallop leaves that i guess open for Xmas - I used to have one but it died some years back.
I love the 16 patch on point.

Nann said...

The intensity of the color of the sixteen-patch quilt is wonderful!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

The 16-patch on point really caught me eye. I like that orientation a lot. Your strip sets are looking good too.

JJM said...

Love, love, your 16 patch on point. ‘On point’ gives dynamic glory to the 16 Patch.

My one and only cactus blooms 3 times a year. There had to be slips of different plants in the small pot I bought a few years ago at Ace Hardware, to have it bloom so often.

JJM

Anne Ibach said...

I just LOVE that 16 patch on point! I'm going to have to do one of those! It might be time for another 16 patch any way.

And I love your start on the warm The Other 16 Patch. Can't wait to see where you go with the fabrics!