Monday, October 3, 2022

Making pieced parts.....................


The quilt I am currently working on has a pieced block and a matching whole fabric piece the same size and there are 2 sizes of pieces.

This is the final 16 small pieced blocks and I have the 16 matching size whole fabric pieces cut also.


I got 12 of the 16 large pieced blocks sewn and have all of the rest of the pieces cut.

In a couple days I will have all of the blocks sewn and then I'll decide if I need to trim them or if I can just ease and stretch to make everything fit.

I need to get outside and cut down the Peonies soon. They are starting to dry up.  We were short on rainfall last month and very little even mentioned for this whole week.  It looks like we might get a freeze on Friday night so the tomatoes will likely be done then unless I can save them by covering them.

 

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Such pretty combos in these blocks--the maroons and pinks especially...
it is 48 here this morning and overcast--possible rain--really chilly--
hard to believe we will be turning over to standard time in 3 weeks...
hugs, julierose

Libby in TN said...

I noticed my peonies are drying up, too, because we've had so little rain after a very hot summer. The hydrangea blooms are mostly brown now, too.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The colors in the block are so full of verve and vigor. I have plenty to do cutting things down outside besides making cages for the tulip bulbs which have arrived.

JJM said...

As I was looking at your new blocks for “Square Within” I glanced over at your “Crooked Cobblestone 1” it sure has the same feeling as “Square Within” (*._.*) could it be history repeating itself . . . maybe ?

A fun one, none the less…

JJM