Saturday, October 15, 2022

Blocks all made.............


I finished sewing all of the blocks for "the other 16 patch" (compared to the 16 patch made with all squares).  I'm pretty sure this is the final layout.  I'm thinking about putting a border on this one.









This was the design wall at 6:30 p.m.  Earlier in the day I sewed the first 4 columns of the colorwash and I folded them accordion style and pinned them above the rest of the pieces.  Below the colorwash are all of the pieces for the last 3 big blocks of the log cabin star quilt.


By 8 p.m. I had 2 of the log cabin blocks sewn and after this photo was taken I finished the 3rd one, sewed that row and then sewed all 4 of the rows together into a quilt top.  It isn't pressed yet so maybe tomorrow I can show it up on the wall.  I also sewed 4 more columns of the colorwash so it was half sewn by 10 p.m.


This is the final layout of the colorwash after a few days of tweaking.

I went outside and picked another bunch of tomatoes that were starting to turn color.  Now the weather people are saying we will have a freeze around 5 a.m. today.  I couldn't cover the plants last night because it was raining and dark outside.  I hope they were wrong and it didn't get that cold. 

8 comments:

Julierose said...

The colorwash came out beautifully--the center spotlight sure draws your eyes in...
Log Cabin stars are so pretty...your design wall is looking fabulous...
great works you have going on there hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope your tomato plants made it through the night

JJM said...

Very productive day yesterday ! Giving us a great post today.

Jealous of your rain. Maybe with that your frost didn’t happen ?

JJM

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I really like the moody color of your newest strip quilt. Hope your tomatoes survived.

Vicki W said...

That's a busy (productive) design wall. Love the moody blues!

Anne Ibach said...

I love your "other sixteen patch!" I'm going to have to start using that name. It needs a name!

You got a LOT done!!!

Anne

Lynn Dykstra said...

rectangle pieces, rectangle blocks
The shape is always fun

sewyouquilt2 said...

Your quilts are beautiful as always