Monday, April 25, 2022

What's on the design wall............


Lots of sewn sections and loose pieces fill my design wall this past weekend.  I still need to sew 14 more 6" triangle squares.  There will be a row across the top but I can't reach that high.  As I start sewing sections together I'll move it farther down on the wall.





I decided on a pastel mottled batik for the binding on the Spring Pastel 16 Patch.  I decided to do it all by machine too.





Here you can see how much the mottled batik changed from area to area on the binding.  I'll measure it today and take its formal portrait for tomorrow.

 

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely choice for the binding; sets the pastel quilt off so well...
hugs, Julierose

LindaH said...

Hi Wanda, what size HST's are you working with in this quilt?

patty a. said...

The pastel quilt is done? Fabulous! Love the binding. The triangle quilt is coming along nicely. I saw some leaves coming up on the cora bells you sent me If is is not raining when I get home I will take a picture and post tomorrow.

JJM said...

Triangle squares grows more spectacular by the day. Plus binding on pastel 16 patch couldn’t be any better. Your daily progress never ceases to amaze me.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

All kinds of fun on that wall. The binding looks great on the quilt- love all the variations in color- so much more interesting.