Saturday, April 16, 2022

Looking for backings............


I spent a couple hours looking through my larger yardage pieces for a batik mottled fabric to use for borders and back of the latest quilt top.  There is only one piece that is large enough and it is either navy or charcoal, not sure which.

Then I switched to going through things in my main floor studio and found a box with these die cut pieces from 2010 before I had my die cutter.  Another person cut the pieces for me with her die cutter.  I have made one small quilt top with the blocks and now I have to decide if I really want to sew any more of these and add to the top.  It looks like there are pieces for another 16 blocks and I have at least one leftover block in the basement.



Here is a photo of the piece that is sewn together.  It is about 40" x 47".  It would look nice larger but I'm not sure I want to sew any more of those blocks.  I'll think about it.

 

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh that really is a beautiful piece! Such gorgeous colors...
hugs, Julierose

Marianne said...

I made a Winding Ways quilt using those pieces a few years ago. It took me a few tries to get the curves right but after a few failures, I managed. Still, I wouldn't want to do it again! This is how UFOs are born at my house.

Sally Langston Warren said...

I had to chuckle when I read “it’s either navy or charcoal, not sure which”. I have reached that point too. Yesterday, I went outside during my break at work and realized I had on dark navy pants and brown socks. It was all required to be black. Oh well. I was subtly colorful! Daylight is the best way for me to distinguish between some colors now.

JJM said...

Only you, Wanda, would tackle all those curves. And stitched to perfection. It is a beautiful pattern and fabrics.

Spring ? ? ? I don’t think so ~ our over night low was 21 degrees and only to reach maybe 30 today.

JJM

Anonymous said...

Beautiful patchwork! I tried this block and kind of gave up. Very frustrating to piece in the narrow areas. Any "tricks" to share? What size are your individual blocks?
--Annette In Omaha, stormatsea@centurylink.net

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have always loved Winding Ways, but not made one due to the cutting out part. Yours is just lovely colors with all the secondary patterns.

Lynn said...

I love this pattern and have always wanted to try. Hopefully, I will one day.