Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Still sewing.............


I'm taking my time sewing this quilt top together.  I got 5 rows sewn Monday night and 7 more rows sewn last night, 2 more rows to add and then the cross row seams.  For all of you who were going to ask, the fabric line is Robert Kaufman Wishwell Weather Report.  I used one layer cake and then bought a few yardage pieces of light colors from the line so I could make it a little larger.


If you have been reading my blog the last 2 days you saw the black and white fabrics that I showed.  I also have red and black batiks in some of the same designs as the black and white.  That has me thinking one quilt should be all black and red (no white background batiks).

 

6 comments:

Julierose said...

What gorgeous red/black batiks..love those black marks...
hugs from 'neath my umbrella today;))) Julierose

patty a. said...

Stunning black and red fabrics!

JJM said...

Good progress on your ‘Weather Report’. And my oh my, your red and blacks just jump off the screen, just beautiful reds and blacks.

JJM

Florida Farm Girl said...

Wanda, you sent me down the rabbit hole after that Kaufman Weather Report fabric. Had to find some. Like I need any more fabric in this lifetime.

Linda Swanekamp said...

What a contrast between the two kinds of fabrics! Glad you are still sewing.

Needled Mom said...

The red and black fabrics are really pretty. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.