Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Sewing and counting.............


This is the batch of triangles I sewed last night while watching TV.  I have been referring back to the quilt top I made in 2016, counting how many of each size I need and then counting how many I have already sewn.  I want to make this one a little larger than the past one so that it would be a good throw quilt size.  I have an overabundance of the 2" finished size so 2 rows of them could substitute for the place a 4" row was intended to go.  I am really lacking in the 6" size so I will get one of the boxes of batik large scraps and cut a bunch today.  I also needed 3" finished triangles so I went back to the box in the basement and found a stack.  I need to cut light triangles in that size to match up with a stack of dark ones from the box.  All of this is referencing what I wrote in my blog post yesterday in case you missed that post.

It was still cold outside today so I only did one walk through the back yard and picked up more branches that came down since the weekend.

2 comments:

Julierose said...

Figuring out sizes is always time consuming--good tv fare though...
Winds still really cold off our ocean waters here; so not much outside stuff for me yet...Wintery weather is slow to leave this year it seems
hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

I enjoy how you share your progress with each creation you design. More fun ahead when you take those triangle/squares and begin designing. The first little peek you showed us on Monday has me anxious to see what you will continue to create.

JJM